32-bit: Windows 7 and XP Professional
64-bit: Windows 7, 8 and 10
NX 8, NX 8.5, NX 9.0, NX 10.0, NX 11.0 & NX 12.0
eDrawings Installation for a Standalone Machine
- Download and run the installer. If any of the supported version of NX is installed, the eDrawings installer automatically detects them.
- If no supported version of NX is detected, the installation defaults to the eDrawings Viewer.
- eDrawings menu and toolbar do not appear if NX is running during installation. Restart NX to display the eDrawings menu.
Using eDrawings for NX
- eDrawing for NX setup installs an eDrawings menu in File > Export menu item for NX. It also adds an eDrawings toolbar.
- Open a part/assembly/drawing file in NX and click on eDrawings > Publish button on the toolbar to publish your NX model as an eDrawing file.
Command Line Installation
- Unzip/extract the installation exe to any convenient directory location
- Open a command prompt and browse to the location of the extracted files
msiexec /i “< >” [Mandatory Parameters] [Optional Parameters] /qn
- ISCMDINSTALL=1 (for silent installation)
- INSTALLLEVEL : =50, if only the eDrawings Viewer is to be installed. In this case, the variable INSTALLDIR is not required; =100, if both, the eDrawings Viewer and Publisher are to be installed.
- INSTALLDIR : The directory location to install eDrawings for NX to.
- NXM1DIR : Point to the NX installed ROOT directory.
- EDVIEWER : The directory where eDrawings Viewer needs to be installed to.
- NODEKEY : Configure the Node-locked Licence Key.
- FLOATLIC : For a floating license setup, point to the license server. e.g. 27000@eDrawingLicServer
- User needs to make an entry, $EDRWUG_INSTALL_DIR in the file<<UGINSTALLATION>>\UGII\menus\custom_dir.dat, pointing to the UG load points for all supported Unigraphics installations
eDrawings Deployment for CAD Server
For a single CAD server multiple client setup, eDrawings for NX can be deployed on the CAD server itself. The client machines needs an environment variable, EDRW_INSTALL_DIR point to the network path where the eDrawings Viewer exe is located. e.g.
set EDRW_INSTALL_DIR =\\<>\eDrawings2008\EmodelViewer.exe
For floating license setup of eDrawings publisher, you need to set another environment variable to point to license server machine. The environment variable GSSL_LICENCE_FILE needs to be set to “port-no@license-server”. e.g.
In case there be restrictions on loading the plug-in on the CAD server, there are alternate deployment strategies. Please contact eDrawings support at email@example.com, for personalized deployment suggestion.
- Added support for NX 12.0.
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2017 (64-bit).
- Added support for NX 11.0.
- Localization support for Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2015 (64-bit).
- Added support for NX 10.0.
- Much improved “Options” dialog.
- Bug fixes.
- Added support for NX 9.0
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2014.
- Added support for saving eDrawings as ZIP/EXE from batch jobs.
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2013 SP3.
- Added support for 64 bit eDrawings Viewer.
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2013 SP1.
- Added support for NX 8.5.
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2013.
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2012 SP2.
- Added support for NX 8.0.
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2012.
- Added TIFF and PNG image format support for stamping option.
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2011.
- Added support for NX 7.5
- Export Bill of Materials table to eDrawings assemblies.
- eDrawings Viewer has been updated to eDrawings Viewer 2010 SP3.
- Added support for NX 7.
- eDrawings Viewer has been updated to eDrawings Viewer 2010 SP1.
- Support for exporting Arrangements to eDrawings.
- Support for exporting Part name from NX attributes to eDrawings.
- Added support for NX 6.
- Vista Support is introduced for NX 6.
- eDrawings version updated to eDrawings 2008.
- Application files signed to fix the NX development license issue.
- Added support for NX 5.
- NX 64 bit support added.
- Export Hidden Assembly components to eDrawings assembly file.
- Stamp an image in eDrawings file.
- Check online for Product Updates.
- Component Instance color for multiple components is now supported.
- eDrawings version updated to eDrawings 2007.
- Added support for NX 4.
- 3D Annotations support added.
- eDrawings version updated to eDrawings 2006 SP01.
- Added support for AutoCAD 2005, 2006.
- eDrawings version updated to 2005 SP02.
- Now you can publish your Unigraphics NX files in one go.
- Selectively export sheets from your Unigraphics NX drawings.
- Localization support for French, German and Japanese.
- Sectioned/detailed/exploded views can now be exported with shaded data.
- Added support for NX 3.