32-bit: Windows 7, Vista and XP Professional
64-bit: Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
CATIA V5 R21, CATIA V5-6R2012, CATIA V5-6R2013, CATIA V5-6R2014, CATIA V5-6R2015 & CATIA V5-6R2016
- Uninstall all previous versions of eDrawings for CATIA V5
- Download and run the installer. Follow the configuration instructions to install eDrawings for CATIA V5
- If CATIA V5 is running during installation, the eDrawings menu and Toolbar will not appear. Restart CATIA V5 to display the eDrawings menu and Toolbar
- If you do not have CATIA V5 installed, the setup installs only the eDrawings Viewer
- Unzip/extract the installation exe to any convenient directory location.
- Open a command prompt and browse to the location of the extracted files. Type the following in the command prompt :
msiexec /i ”eDrawings for CATIA V5.msi” [set of Parameters] /qn
- ISCMDINSTALL=1 (for silent installation)
- M1DIR : The directory location to install eDrawings to. This location need not be within the CATIA installed location.
- M1VER : Indicate the CATIA V5 version with which eDrawings is to be configured with. (=21 for CATIA V5 R21, =22 for CATIA V5-6R2012, =23 for CATIA V5-6R2013, =24 for CATIA V5-6R2014, =25 for CATIA V5-6R2015, 26 for CATIA V5-6R2016)
- EDVIEWER : Specify the directory where eDrawings Viewer needs to be installed. Ex. “C:\edview” If this location is not specified, the eDrawings Viewer is installed to the default directory.
- NODEKEY : Configure the node-locked license of eDrawings for CATIA V5.
- FLOATLIC : Specify the floating license server to configure the floating license. Ex. “27000@Spirit”
e.g. msiexec /i “eDrawings for CATIA V5.msi” ISCMDINSTALL=1 M1DIR=”D:\CAD\CATIA\B21\” M1VER=21 EDVIEWER=”D:\CAD\eDrawingsViewer” FLOATLIC=”27007@LicenseSever1″ /qn
Floating or Node Locked License key can be changed/added after installation using license configuration tool.
Using eDrawings Viewer from a Remote Location
It is not necessary to install the viewer on every client machine. The eDrawings Viewer can be installed on a server machine. Client machines can access this location to view eDrawings files. On client machines, create an environment variable EDRW_INSTALL_DIR and point this to the network path where the viewer is located.
e.g. set EDRW_INSTALL_DIR=\\eDrawings2012\EModelViewer.exe
Configuring Client using Floating License
For floating license setup of edrawings publisher, create an environment variable GSSL_LICENSE_FILE and point it to the license server in the format “port-no@license-server”. E.g. “27000@server-1”
Out of box Installation
An out of box installation refers to a deployment method where eDrawings is not installed within the installed CATIA Root location but to a custom location. This needs to be done via a command line installation as specified in the section above. Following are the configuration changes that need to be made for edrawings to be available within CATIA
Where <> is the directory specified during installation.
Using eDrawings for CATIA V5
The eDrawings for CATIA V5 setup installs an eDrawings Toolbar and a menu item in the Tools menu of CATIA V5. Open a part, assembly, or drawing in CATIA V5 and click Tools > eDrawings > Publish on toolbar or menu to publish your CATIA V5 model as an eDrawings file.
- Added support for CATIA V5-6R2016.
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2017.
- Added language support for Simplified Chinese.
- Added support for CATIA V5-6R2015.
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2015 SP5.
- Added support for CATIA V5-6R2014.
- Much improved “Batch Options” dialog.
- Bug fixes.
- CATIA V5 R18 and R19 are no longer supported.
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2014.
- Added support for saving eDrawings as ZIP/EXE from batch jobs.
- Added support for CATIA V5-6R2013.
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2013 SP3.
- Added support for 64-bit eDrawings Viewer.
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2013 SP1.
- Added support for CATIA V5-6R2012.
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2013.
- Added support for CATIA V5 R21.
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2012.
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2011.
- Added TIFF and PNG image format support for stamping option.
- Added support for CATIA V5 R20.
- Export Bill of Materials information to eDrawings assemblies.
- eDrawings Viewer has been updated to eDrawings Viewer 2010 SP3.
- eDrawings Viewer has been updated to eDrawings Viewer 2010 SP1.
- Added support for CATIA V5 R19.
- Windows Vista support for CATIA V5 R19.
- Added support for FTA Captures.
- Support for command line publishing and scheduling.
- Added support for CATIA V5 R18.
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2008 SP4.
- Added support for CATIA V5 R17.
- Added support for 64 bit CATIA V5 R16.
- Added support for eDrawings Viewer 2007.
- Added support for line thickness in drawings.
- Added support for color in assemblies.
- Added support for CATIA V5 R16.
- eDrawings version upgraded to eDrawings 2006 SP01.
- Added support for CATIA V5 R15.
- Support for Autocad 2005 & 2006 in Autocad publisher.
- eDrawings version upgraded to 2005 SP2.
- Now you can Batch Publish your CATIA V5 files in one go.
- Selectively export sheets from your CATIA V5 drawings.
- Added support for German and French languages.
- Images attached to CATIA V5 drawings gets published to eDrawings.
- V4 solids associated with CATIA V5 drawings get exported to eDrawings.
- Added support for CATIA V5 R14.
- eDrawings version upgraded to 2005 SP2.
- Secure your eDrawings models with a password.
- Added new options dialog to the GUI to configure publish/save options.
- CGR and V4 models linked to a CATIA V5 assembly can now be exported to eDrawings.
- Support for hole markers for measuring hole diameter.
- eDrawings layout now contains both 2D and 3D data for the views.
- Added support for Japanese language.
- Transparency setting in CATIA V5 is now exported to eDrawings.
- Sectioned views can now be exported to eDrawings.
- Support for Floating License.
- Added support for CATIA V5 R13.